Sunday, January 6, 2013

Through Darkness

Some poetry to start things off with:


"The happiness in the world, it’s all like the stars:
There when you’re looking and there when you’re not,
But if you aren't sure what to feel, the beauty is naught.
As I slowly let go of what I clung to for so long,
I am beginning to wonder if it will always be this song.
A story of hope that shines so brightly it hurts,
While we are quickly sidestepping to try and divert:
The pain that has been there for so many years,
Covered up by smiles that try to persevere.

"I've been alone and hurting for so many days,
And I have spent weeks where life was just a haze.
I’m afraid to trust in people when I am always wounded,
I give them my whole being and then I’m discarded.
The pain in this world is so much to bear alone,
But as I live longer I realize that my bravery has grown.
I can stand on my own two feet, however unsteadily,
I can continue through life even if no one’s next to me.

"So I lower my hands affixed to my sides,
And I rise up my head knowing I have always tried.
As long as I give 100 and 10,
At least in my heart I will always win.
While life isn't perfect, and I wish I weren't here,
Exposing my heart isn't something to fear.
In the smallest of things exist the greatest of dreams,
And in pursuit of those things we go to the greatest extremes.
I want to die knowing I have done all I wanted,
And I didn't give into the spirits whom I was haunted.
If I happen to have someone’s hand to hold,
Then that means I could finally be whole,
But if it so happens that I will die alone,
I want to be the one they were all glad to have known."

No comments:

Post a Comment